Sunday, November 6, 2011

I got engaged!

I am so bad at updating my blog but lots of fun and exciting things have happened! I got engaged to the love of my life and could not be happier. On October 22 I flew back to Washington like I always do to go work. I said bye to Spencer that morning and he had said he had a big math test to take and had to study all day for, nothing out of the ordinary. When I landed in Wa my sister and one of my friends picked me up from the airport to go meet all my family and friends at my favorite restaurant like we always do when I come to town. We know all the workers at the restaurant and as I was sitting there stuffing my face with chips and salsa they told me my food would be out in just a second (everyone else had their food already and I was starving). Next thing I know, I get this plate set in front of me with a big red ribbon and a ring on it, I turn around to see Spencer standing there. To say the least I was shocked and so confused that the only thing I could manage to say was, "What are you doing here?!". He then got on one knee and proposed to me in front of all my family and friends. I was so teary eyed I managed to get out a yes as he put the ring on my finger, the whole restaurant had been watching and started cheering and people I didn't even know were crying lol (I also saw my dad all teared up ;) he's getting softer with age). Everyone was in on the plan except for me, which is shocking in itself that I had no idea what was happening, i'm the kid who's known all my christmas presents in advance since I was probably 10 yrs old. I just don't get surprised, and Spence knew that so it was so special to me that he wanted to make sure I didn't see it coming. My dad had secretly flown him out on the flight before me. It was one of the best moments of my life so far, i'm so thankful for my family and friends and for Spencer. I love Spencer's family as well and can't wait to be apart of it. We both are so truly blessed to have awesome families who love us both and are so excited for our marriage. Our wedding is June 28, 2012 and we will be sealed in the Seattle temple, then have an additional reception in Vegas where Spencer is from. I can't wait!




We dressed up as Mario and Princess Peach for Halloween

ok so im a little excited to be a bride and do "bride things"

I love Sundays with my fiance, me and a couple friends went and watched him teach sunday school today, I was so proud. He's just too cute.

2 comments: